Work and Student Visas
WORK AND STUDENT VISAS
To apply for a Work or Student visa, an applicant should submit the following paperwork:
- Visa Application Form completed at visa.kdmid.ru. The Visa Application Form must be printed out and signed by the applicant. It should be addressed to the Russian Consulate in New York (if applied at the Consulate),
- US passport,
- one standard passport picture,
- money order payable to the Russian Consulate in New York,
- original letter of Invitation from your Russian host organization must be issued by the Federal Migration Service or its local office. Electronic invitations may be presented as copies.
- original HIV blood test (AIDS) Certificate. This certificate is valid for 3 month only (HIV blood test should be taken not earlier than 3 months before applying for a visa).
If you submit the documents for work or student visa, please make sure that your national passport is valid for not less than one and a half-year.