Transit visa is required if the period of stay in Russia exceeds 24 hours or a traveler needs to change the airport.
To apply for a transit visa, an applicant should submit the following paperwork:
- Visa Application Form completed at visa.kdmid.ru. The Visa Application Form must be printed out and signed by the applicant. It should be addressed to the Russian Consulate in New York (if applied at the Consulate),
- US passport,
- one standard passport picture,
- money order payable to the Russian Consulate in New York,
- visa of the destination country;
- tickets for the whole itinerary.
Passengers travelling to the Republic of Belarus or the Republic of Kazakhstan via the Russian Federation must obtain Russian Transit Visas.