It’s recommended that the US citizens apply for a 3-year multiple-entry tourist visa regardless of the dates of entry/exit, number of entries or period of stay actually stated in the confirmation of the hotel reservation or confirmation of reception of the tourist.
When applying for a 3-year multiple-entry tourist visa, please indicate a three year period of stay in the visa application form.
To apply for a single, double or multiple three year Tourist visa, the US applicant should submit:
- Visa Application Form completed at visa.kdmid.ru. The Visa Application Form must be printed out and signed by the applicant. It should be addressed to the Russian Consulate in New York (if applied at the Consulate),
- US passport,
- one standard passport picture,
- money order payable to the Russian Consulate in New York,
- confirmation of the hotel reservation, confirmation of reception of the tourist, and register number from the Uniform Federal Register of the Tour Operators of the Federal Tourism Agency.
The Consulate General of the Russian Federation in New York has the right to call the applicants for an interview and request, if needed:
- a bank statement from the applicant;
- a statement from the employer regarding the applicant's wages for the preceding year/ half year, or month;
- medical insurance valid in the country to be visited and fully covering the period of the first trip;
- documents regarding the applicant's ownership of property in the country of his citizenship;
- a certificate on the makeup of the applicant's family.