It’s recommended that the US citizens apply for a 3-year multiple-entry tourist visa regardless of the dates of entry/exit, number of entries or period of stay actually stated in the confirmation of the hotel reservation or confirmation of reception of the tourist.
When applying for a 3-year multiple-entry tourist visa, please indicate a three year period of stay in the visa application form.
To apply for a single, double or multiple three year Tourist visa, an applicant should submit a completed visa application form, US passport, one standard picture, money order (see points 1-4 of Information on visas), as well as:
- Confirmation of the hotel reservation, a contract for provision of tourist services, confirmation of reception of the tourist, and register number from the Uniform Federal Register of the Tour Operators of the Federal Tourism Agency.
Tourist visas requests should be submitted trough the Russian Visa Centers ONLY (ils-usa.com).
The Russian Consulate General also has the right to call the applicants for an interview and request, if needed:
- a bank statement from the applicant;
- a statement from the employer regarding the applicant's wages for the preceding year/ half year, or month;
- medical insurance valid in the country to be visited and fully covering the period of the first trip;
- documents regarding the applicant's ownership of property in the country of his citizenship;
- a certificate on the makeup of the applicant's family.
Dear US Applicants,
Be advised that all applicants should submit their visa applications through the Russian Visa Center in New York (ILS). No appointment is needed. At ILS you can submit your visa paperwork in person, by mail or through your legal representative.
For those who wish to apply for visa at the Russian Consulate in New York (in person only), please make an appointment here (Appointment availability is limited).
The applicant should comply with the general visa obtaining procedure and have available all the documents concerning his trip.